When a customer calls and tells you they have been up for 36 hours straight trying to get the VDI environment working you automatically think this could be a long day. Fortunately for all concerned we had this issue sorted quickly enough. 5 out of 300 VMs in the VDI would only start using Citrix Provisioning Services 6.1. The rest were showing as vDisk is locked 0xffff8017.
First idea was to follow the Releasing vDisk Locks but this didn’t help. To me it seemed as though the lock file was corrupt or something in the PVS data store.
So to fix the issue we did the following:
Shut down all targets using the vDisk
deleted the vDisk from vDisk pool
removed the vDisk location from the target devices in device collection using the copy and paste vDisk properties
We opened the store where the vDisk was located and deleted the vDisk .lok file.
Reimported the vDisk again to the vDisk pool
Added vDisk location in the target device in device collection then copy and paste vDisk properties to the rest of the targets.
vDisk was set to Private but we set it back to standard and all 300 VMS started working again.